Sunday, November 2, 2008

Stone Tables

Two posts in a row... Weird!

I had the opportunity to be part of a pit orchestra for the musical Stone Tables. Stone Tables is a play about Moses and Aaron, it was written by Orson Scott Card and composed by Robert Stoddard. Orson Scott Card wrote it while he was sering a mission in Brazil and sent it to his play writing professor at BYU. His professor wrote he back saying that it was good, his friend Robert Stoddard was going to write music for it, and they were going to use it for their next play. It was a big hit, sold out every night. Orson Scott Car was their for opening night and we made a recording for him as well.

It was amazing working in the play, seeing how the music and the play went together, and being part of it. The play takes on the out look that we have, uses gospel doctrine, and quotes many scriptures. It focuses more on Aaron then an other movie I have seen. It was funny and spiritually up lifting. If you ever get the chance to see it, I highly recommend it. If I am successful in getting a copy of the performance we did you'll have to borrow it!

P.s.
Playing for six plus hours a day really hurts your face!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Ooooo... Jealousy! That sounds awesome! I wanna see it!

Yeah, I had a similar experience when I sang for "The Garden" about the Savior. ^.^ It was just so awesome to sing about that stuff. ^.^ It really helped my testimony, sounds like yours did the same for you. ^.^
Haza for music!!

Lol. Makes your face hurt huh? That makes a funny picture in my head. I understand what you mean, but it sounds funny. (not to laugh at you... with you... With you... ^.^;