Monday, December 22, 2008

Coming home!!!

I finally made home, on friday!!! My flight got in on thursday but I couldn't make it home... But let me back up and tell it in some kind of order. Wensday night I left SVU at 9:30pm to go to Washington DC to the airport. I got to the airport around 12am, but they were not checking people in so I grabbed a seat and watched back to the future and entrapment. I check in at 5am and then I got a call from my mom. She said the freeways were closed due to snow and ice and she couldn't get out of town to get me from the airport unless it reopened. So I called her when I got to Oakland only to find out that the freeways hadn't been opened yet.. I started to get a bit panicy so I called mt friend Brittany to she what she was doing. She had just finished her finals on wenday and had nothing planned for the day, so I told her my delemia. I was flying into long beach and she was going to school in LA. She offered to come and get me so I didn't have to spend all day at the airport. Talk about being a lifesaver!!! I was greatful. So she picked me up and then we went to lunch and then to the Santa Monica pier because she was in disbeleif that I had never been. They let me stay the night and I went home with them and I got in to town at 6pm!!! It was interesting... But man, was I glad that I have friends!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, you finally got home!! I ran into Christina and her mom on Thursday at Burger King, and they told me about how the freeway was closed for you. I'm glad your friend was there. Hey, I'm going to Santa Monica this weekend, I do believe! Small world, isn't it? Sorry I won't get to see you. This summer, I'm for sure going to figure out a way to bug you. Merry Christmas!

Jenny said...

^.^ Ooo... I like that pier. I don't know that I would've gone except for the French students... *shrug* I don't do the beach much.

Anyway, glad you're home!! See ya soon! Merry Christmas!