Saturday, April 12, 2008

Ackward Moments...

Don't you just love those moments you have where you feel like you are going to die of shame or can't get out of there fast enough? I can think of two of mine that really stick out right now, but that's because one just happened. The other one happened when I was 12 but it was just as bad.

It was my first year at girls' camp and I was so excited! Every morning we would have a flag ceremony and then bless the food. During the first flag ceremony a girl was giving a prayer and she was really quiet and I had a hard time hearing her. I thought she had said amen so I said "Amen" with a lot of enthusiasm and volume. The problem was the prayer wasn't over yet. I was sitting next to Amanda and she tried not too laugh and by the end of the prayer my eyes were filled with tears from trying to suppress my laughter. After the prayer a Lady from another ward came up to me, put her arm around and said "It's okay, we all make mistakes. I thought she said amen too."

My RA is amazing! she always leaves her room unlocked and told me to feel free to borrow a movie anytime. My RA left this weekend and was due back tomorrow mourning at 9am, so me and a friend decided to borrow the original Freaky Friday. Well it was about 1:25am when we finished watching movies so I went to put it back into her room.I opened her door and saw her computer on and thought that was weird but I turned on the light and walked in. I hear "Hi Beth." and jump and said "I'm so sorry didn't think you were going to be back until tomorrow. I didn't wake you up did I?" I go on apologizing for the next few minuets and told her that I felt really stupid. she told me she just got back and turned off her light and said not to worry about it.

I feel incredibly stupid right now but I figured it was a good thing to write about. Well, at least it would be entertaining and provide you with a nice little chuckle. Don't you just love it when things like this happens? It gives you the perfect chance to laugh at yourself.

7 comments:

Schmetterling said...

Or for me to laugh AT you:

PAH-hahahahaha!

Just kidding, Beth--er, Lola. I figured since you let your real name slip into this post, it was okay for me to let it slip into this comment.

Yeah, it's always nice to be able to laugh at yourself. Not always so fun in the moment, but always fun in retrospect.

Lola said...

Whoops! I didn't even realize... oh well. I'm glad you found it entertaining.

Jenny said...

Power to laughing at yourself!!

Yeah... I can't say I've never done stuff like that... Well, I can say it, but it'd be a lie... ^.~

Anonymous said...

So, what's with not wanting to use real names, anyway? Whatever. From now on, when refering to me, you can call me "Julia." How's that? I don't like this impersonal "a friend" nonsense. :)

Oh, that was a gem, though, wasn't it? Good times.

Were you there that one time Colleen said a prayer in Institute, and she was so quiet that we didn't hear her say "amen" so we all just stayed with our arms folded. After about a minute she said, "I'm done." I remember Elder Cottle laughing about it.

Lola said...

With the not useing real names I didn't really think about it, It really doesn't matter to me. I was just going with the flow. Its accually kind of fun! Yep I was there for colleen and that was funny!

Lola said...

Yes you could say thAT but I know better (he he he)

Anonymous said...

P.S. Love the profile pic. Whoever took that picture is amazing! *wink*

P.P.S. Awkward is an awkward word. "Remember that, Pete, remember that." (Quote is from Spiderman)