Monday, April 28, 2008

Stuff...Confidence...Institute

I was told by a friend that i need to post a new blog. I haven't done so for a while because I have no time, so I figured I'd take a break for studying to let you know I'm still breathing. Life has been really busy in between studying for finals, finals, and packing. There is just not enough time before Friday. Every week for the last 3 weeks I have had a concert, don't get me wrong I love concerts, I'm just glad they are over. I can't wait until Friday! Its the end off the semester and I'll be back in T-town! Not that I'm excited or anything...

I have a jury tomorrow and my private lessons instructor told me that I'll do fine, all I have to do is look confidant. Looking confident is a lot harder then it sounds. You have to stand a certain way and give people the impression that you know that you are amazing or something like that. I'm terrible at being confident. As soon as I get up in front of a group to talk, debate, or preform I get so nervous I can't think. If I have to talk I stutter and combined words in new and interesting ways, debate I forget my issues what everything I wanted to say, preforming I get really nervous, I can't get deep enough breaths and before I even start I think of how badly I'm going to mess up. Confidence is the one thing that I wish I had, but it is the one thing that seems to be too far out of reach.

So, this semester I graduated Institute! I'm so excited! I got a diploma and a plaque. The institute director asked me if I was planning on continuing with institute and said that many people stop going once they graduate. I think there is too much I don't know and if I stopped going just because I graduated I would stop growing and learning in that atmosphere. Institute is amazing and I really enjoy it, I hope you do too!

Well, I don't know what else to say... Be confident in all that you do. If you are going to make a mistake make sure everyone knows it was you! Institute is amazing, make sure you take advantage of it. If you want to stay sane DO NOT take 24 credits in one semester!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the new post.

For someone who is totally not confident as you say you are, you sure come off that way a lot. I'm not saying always, but often enough you seem to know what your talking about and such. You'll do amazing on your jury, I just know it. But because I'm not one to tempt fate... good luck!

Institute is great, isn't it?

As for the 24 credits... do you realize that that is exactly double the full load?! That's insane! Not for me, no siree!!

Jenny said...

Friday!! Haza!! Can't wait to see you! Huggs from afar!!

Heh, looking confidant... >.O Rarely an easy thing... And 24 credits? Lol. Lola, Lola, Lola... What are we going to do with you? ^.~

But hey, at least you're getting stuff done! Yeay you!!

See ya soon! ^.^

Lola said...

I can't wait!