Tuesday, April 1, 2008

When it rains it pours

I never realized how true that statement is until this semester. Everything that could have gone wrong has, or at least I hope so. this semester I decided to be an over achiever and take 24 credits. That alone has kept me busy, but you know life it's always getting in the way.

The first thing that went wrong was paying for school. My parents and I had come with a payment plan but because of unavoidable circumstances we were unable to complete the payment plan and I must find away to come up with about $6,500 before May 1st. I have been looking into co-signers and hopefully that will be taken care of soon.

Then I was sick and missed two days of school. That put me behind in my classes.

Being in Virginia I never thought the different pollens would be that different from California, but I was wrong. Friday night my eyes were completely blood shot and my vision was blurry and my throat was almost swollen shut. I now live off of Benadryl and visine eye drops.

Sunday night I found out my dad was in the hospital with double ammonia and possibly valley fever, and last night I was told that his three bottom lobs of his right lung are filled with fluid and he is on oxygen. My oldest brother texted me and told me to call him after my class. Me being me, I jumped to the conclusion that something else had happened and was trying not to freak out. It turned out the he was calling to see how I was handling everything.

I much as I love the rain, I could really use some sunshine right now.

3 comments:

MamaLeishman said...

Bethie My Love,
Your Dad is going to be fine. First off, everyone only has TWO lungs, it was the three bottom lobs of his right lung that are/were filled with fluid. As of about 11 am PDT, the Doctor said that your Dad was probably coming home this evening. They are waiting on the results from another xray. He DOES NOT have Valley Fever! See, prayer DOES work. That and I'm sure that your two Grandmas have a direct link to Heavenly Father. I swear I think they have him on Speed Dial, and he takes their calls!!
Keep your chin up Princess!! Your Dad and I love you very much and everything will be fine, just have faith and keep praying!!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I love your mom.

Beth, I promise you that the Lord loves you very much and that no matter what happens and how hard that rain pours, you're going to come out of this all right if you have faith. I think you are handling all this stuff amazingly and I want you to know that I have never respected a person more than I respect you. It makes me sad to hear more and more bad news from you, but I'm right across the hall if you need me, ready to run downstairs and grab the Public Health and Safety number on accident. But you knew that.

I'm eating that cheesy popcorn we bought at Walmart, and it's making me think of you.

And me, being the English major that I am, have to point out that it's pneumonia, not ammonia. Ammonia's the nasty smelling cleaner stuff. But that's what I love best about you! Leave your beep at the message!

Love,
Your fellow SVU Californian

Jenny said...

>.O Yikes... That doesn't sound like fun... But it will get better! ^.^ *hugs from afar*

And that's so cool that you're blogging! ^.^ Lol! I've converted someone! Bwhahahahahaaaa!